Daily demands of adulthood have taken its toll on me. My week-long battle with stress was something that cannot be taken away by a can of beer nor with a plate of comfort foods; either way, it'll only make matters worst. So when work week's over, Kenn and I escaped the city buzz and find solace inside the premise of Initao-Libertad Landscape and Seascape Protected Area.
Initao-Libertad Landscape and Seascape Protected Area is situated between the municipalities of Initao and Libertad in the province of Misamis Oriental, hence the name. It covers a total area of 1,300.78 hectares with 50.58 ha of land and 1,250.50 ha of water.
The decision to come here was supposedly to try the activities in Lasang Adventure Park. Unfortunately, that part of the protected area was closed to the public for safety reasons and only Echavez Kitchenette was operating in Lasang. No matter, I believed that surrendering to nature's embrace will (always) be an incomparable moment of serenity and healing.
Thus, if you're also looking for a place to be alone with your own thoughts then Initao-Libertad Landscape and Seascape Protected Area should be in your list.
How to get there
- From CDO, Ride a bus or jeepney bound to Iligan City. Just tell the driver to drop you off at Lasang Adventure Park or Lasang (the protected park is popular for this name).
Fare: 15 Bus, 50 Jeep.
- From Iligan. Take the bus or jeepney bound to Initao or CDO.
- P100 Caving (1-15 pax)
- P150 Trekking (1-15pax)
- P30 Camping (per head per night)
- P100 Prenup/Debut (per hour)
- P370 Snorkeling (1-3 pax); P120 Gadgets (per Head/hr: vest, snorkel masks and fins)
- P300 Boating (per trip; 1-6 pax)